Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Aaron's first p-day

Hey there sister. How are you? Today is my first p-day (preparation day). I got to go to Campinas temple today. It was beautiful. Brazil is great, the people are so much more gracious than people in America (no offense) they just are. I can´t wait to get out of the MTC and start working with them. This week has beeen so busy and I am a little tired because I woke up at 5 to do my laundry today. I have been learning the language pretty good. I am able to carry a conversasion kinda, but I have been here a week so I am not fluent yet =). Give me a couple more weeks. I figured out in the first week that the more obedient I am to the rules and guidelines the better I am at the language. I have always heard it, but I believe it now. It takes alot as a representative of Christ to keep that special spirit with you. And the more obedient you are, the stronger the spirit. I was in the lunch room one day when I just started talking to some of the Brazilians. And words I did´t even know where coming out. The language is coming quickly. I say in 3 months I´ll be pretty fluent. I was also in class one day and we were talking about the gospel, about the restoration of the church and now alot of people look at me as a scriptorian. I thought that was neat, but i just told them that they could be the same way if they studied the scriptures and be obedient. It´s one thing to be able to talk about the scriptures it´s another to be able to have the Spirit testify to what you are saying. Anyways I am doing good I have everything I need. I love you. Thank you for your letter too. Tell everybody I love them too.
Love,
Aaron

Forgot to put Aaron's email on here so ya'll can send him messges. I'm not sure who he can write and who he can't but here it is... ELDERTOSSEY@myldsmail.net
~Laura

1 Comments:

At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Aaron, I'm glad to hear you are doing good and that the language is coming great. Everything always goes better or worse by how obedient you are, so if you obey, then you will be just fine. Of course they all looked at you like you are a scriptorian! You know the scriptures cover to cover! You prepared yourself. Well, I just wanted to say hey and check up on you. I hope the MTC is awesome!
love always,
michelle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home