Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Lessons on Problem Solving & a New MTC President

Hello all!! All is well this week. I learned a good lesson on problem solving. We had a lesson on it. It was very good. If you have a problem you need to get to the root of it. Then, you need to make a plan and you need to JUST DO IT! The the fourth step is that you need to check yourself continually.

I want everybody to know That I am so thankful for your support and all that you have done for me, it really does mean alot. One of my Brazilian companions made me a keychain out of clay and a stick. It looks like a missionary and it is really neat. I have pictures of it and I will probably send pictures home in about 3 weeks.

I got a Package! Yay! Go Longhorns. Thank you Steve and Susan. Everybody here is jealous now.

My companion and I are doing well.

The language is coming well. Friday we get to go pass out pass along cards and I have to speak Portuguese to commit them to get a Book of Mormon. Last night I practice and while others are using notebooks and reading their lessons I just let my lesson come off the top of my head and I did great! I was so excited. It is only by obedience that I have been able to learn this quickly. It is crazy! I am truly blessed! I am very excited about Friday as well. Oh and I passed out a pass along card today at the grocery store. We met a Brazilian that spoke great English and we commited her. =)

We have a new MTC President, I miss the old one but this one is sufficient, really he has a great Testimony of Jesus Christ, it was unreal! After our devotional last night, my district and I were having a chat and we were talking about the devotional. And Elder Grunig said, relating to what the speaker had said, I wish I knew more of the Doctrine of the church. I wish I was like Elder Tossey who you can ask where a scripture is and he can tell you almost instantly. It made me feel good. But I know that I am but an instrument in His hands. I would be nothing with out Him (Ether 12:27).

I have been singing in the Choir. Sunday, I am singing infront of ALL the missionaries. I am singing with 3 others. We are singing ´I know my redeemer lives´ in Poruguese. I have really been inspired to sing more. And I love it. I want to develop this gift. Plus you get extra blessings from participating in such activities!

Tell Carolyn that i am sorry about my spelling. The keyboards are a little different here and also I have Portugues on my mind continually!

I want to share something. I would like all of you to read 3 Nephi 27:19-21, and also Moroni 7. Look for the savior in those scriptures.`The atonement of Jesus Christ is central to every aspect of the gospel, everything else is just an appendage` -Joseph Smith-` we are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience´.

I would like to invite all you to come unto Christ through faith in Jesus Christ, repentance, baptism by immerson, recieve the gift of the Holy Ghost, and endure to the end. This is the Doctrine of Christ, if you are on the stage of enduring to the end then you must start all over and go throught those ordinances by helping a fellow spiritual being recieve the same. This is Eternal Life. If you are still searching for truth start with faith and pray. Ask for repentance and become baptised. I declare that Christ;s True Church has been reestablished on the Earth with 12 apostles and a Prophet who speaks to God and therefore I know Miracles have not ceased. For I know that a Miracle worketh within me, and the same can happen within you. Read, ponder, Ask and knock, Seek and find! I want all to know that I love you but more importantly I want you to know that Christ Loves you! And that his Father and Our Father loves you and he want you to return to him. I say these things in the name of The savior as his representative.
I love you all
Elder Tossey

Mom and Dad I sent you some letters today! You should get them in about a week.
I have sent:
mom
dad
jared
Sherri sullivan
the phillips

2 Comments:

At 6:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey i got my first letter from you yesterday! i was soo excited to hear from you, and man, it took forever to get here...3 weeks! gosh thats craziness! O, i love that song "my redeemer lives" that is really great, and you're singing it in PORTUGUESE! wow, i bet you're really fluent now in the language huh? Praying for you ok?
Felicia

 
At 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, the comment that Felicia wrote is like exactly what i wrote you in a letter. I thought that was wierd. ha! Its great to know that you are learning so much at the MTC. Just stay focused and lose yourself in the work and you will be blessed.
love always,
Michelle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home