Wednesday, February 15, 2006

oi, como vai?

hello all!
How is life in the US of A? Brazil is doing great! The rock cut out of the mountain is rolling forth. I am doing well too! Rice and beens are normal. I am happy with the food. I think I might have gained a little weight. A kilogram or so, lol.

Last week we went out to proselyte to the Brazilian people. It was good to be able to use the language in actual engagement. Around the MTC it is hard to get the full gyst of the language because of the 350 people here about 200 of them are Americans the rest are Brazilians, anyhow alot of English is being spoken too. Anyways while proselyting on one of the busiest streets in São Paulo we walked up to 6 guys and started talking to them. Then we taught them our message and we bore testimony to them of the restored gospel. They all seemed very interested and they all had gleams in there eyes. They smiled alot. I felt that was a good solid contact. We (me and my companion) had good success that day.

I have 3 weeks left at the MTC then that kind of thing will be everyday. Right now it is just face first into the books and the scriptures. It is so easy to spend money here. It is kind of decieving because you feel you are spending more than you really are becase the American dollar is worth 2 Raeis. So I am not doing so bad. When I get to the field it will be better. I bought some good scripture covers with my name and mission on them I am excited to go pick them up. I also broke my jump rope ( it was cheap) so I asked Laura to get me a new one =)! It´s good having a great sister! 2 great ones at that! I am excited about Julie being pregnant again. MORE babies! BABIES (with my twang)!

I have been recieveing quiet a few letters which really makes my day when I do recieve them! I have sent about 30 letters out since I have been here. But unfortunately I know some of you still haven´t recieved any of them! I am sorry. The snail mail service is slower then being dead! Good news...I was made District Leader on Sunday. The old district leader was promoted to assistant to the president and I was selected as the new district leader. Which means more meetings and more responsibility.

My companion and I have set good goals and are doing well. He recieved a package for V-day. A bunch of candy. I need a new watch by the way. Mine stops everynow and then. Maybe somebody could by me a nice looking but cheep silver watch. One that goes with a black suit really well. Like an Armitron watch. Well anyways, I better get back to the work. I have alot of studying to do! Thank all of you for your support! I am so thankful for your love and your letters and your support!

Scriptures of the week are for those of you who are studying
Hebrews 11 and Alma 32.

I love all of you so much.
Love
Elder Tossey

P.S. who is forwarding these e-mails to my friends just wondering. Like Felicia, Michelle ? I am just wondering....they wanted to recieve these e-mails (Sister Phillips can you do it if you are not already?)

1 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, wow district leader huh!? movin' on up! next thing you know you will be AP. haha! well, i did send you a v-day box, but i guess you haven't gotten it yet. Mail takes a while to get where it's going. Well, it sounds as if you are doing better then last time you wrote. Other then the fact you need a watch. hum... i guess someone can work on that.. we will see.
love always
Michelle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home