Wednesday, February 22, 2006

What type of missionary do you want to be?

Hello all!
Como vai?
I recieved 2 packages this week. I was totallly excited to open them. I got some good old American junk food! Thank you Sosa Family, and also Phillips family. I just got the package from you sister Phillips I am totally siked I love Oreos and my district will too! I really enjoyed all the stuff I recieved in my other packag too!

Anyways this week was good! I learned so much. We set some good district goals on Sunday. We had a good meeting. We decided to make class more spiritual and this week it has payed off. Class has been amazing. Like last night, we had a meeting and we are supposed to discuss the devotional that we go to every Tuesday. Well we discussed the devotional and then I asked everybody in the distict what kind of missionary they wanted to be. I started it off and I said that I want to be like the missionaries that carried the Spirit to me and brought me to the gospel. Then I said I wanted to be a missionary of great power. That started it off very good. Then the District said what kind of missionary they wanted to be. And all of them had great thoughts and the Spirit was there. I then shared a scripture from Alma 32:27 telling them how to make that desire real. Many of the district members told me thank you for leading a good meeting. I told them that I didn´t do it. That they did it. I just let the Spirit work then I thanked them. We have such a good district. All of them are very influencial people. We have a very close district. I am doing ok at the distict leader spot. I am pretty scatter brained though. It is a big responsibilty, but I recieve joy from serving my fellow Missionaries.

My Brazillian roomates left again...wow time flys. I only have 2 weeks. I would not send me any mail after about the 27th. Just to be safe. In 2 weeks I go to the missionary field . Exciting huh? So all of you just use the address on the card I gave out. Thank you all for all the letters you send. Everytime I get one I brag! Lol I brag about how all the people back home love me! Thank you so much! Also this week I recieve a letters from Michelle, Momma Phillips and little Catie beth, Kadi Bazemore , and a long one from Felicia Hicks. Than all of you so much. Keep it going. I promise I will write back. I hope ya´ll get them faster than you have been!

I went to the Sao Paulo temple again today. I can´t get over the joy of doing service for those on the other side of the veil. What a great experience. We should all give more respect to the Temple of our God! My companion and I are doing well. Our friendship keeps growing and we keep learning and progressing. It´s exactly how it is supposed to be. I wouldn´t choose any other companion! So diligence is paying off and I feel great joy from serving our God. The purpose is a great one. This is my work and my glory to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man Moses 1:39. Jesus came and he died for our sins. Because of his sacrifice all men will be immortal, but if we shall follow him we won´t just be immortal but we will live with our Heavenly Father again. We will all stand before God one day to be judged according to the works of our faith. I love this work and I want to help all recieve the Gospel of Jesus Christ for that is our joy. I am forever grateful for the Savior Jesus Christ our Messiah! Now continue to fill yourselfs with power, faith, and knowledge. Excercise your faith so that one day you might obtain a perfect knowledge in that thing which you excercised your faith. If you only knew how important knowledge of the truth is! ( Alma 32:21,26 to the end.) Also (Alma 34) I love you all! Till we meet again at the feet of Jesus or in this life.
Love
Elder Tossey

4 Comments:

At 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, Aaron this week has asked for a new watch, a jumprope and a special journal. I will get the journal this weekend when I go with the youth to the Dallas Temple,and the LDS Church Bookstore.

I will leave it to some of the rest of you to send the other 2 items.

Aaron is doing very well there and we are so, so proud of him. He is happy to be there, serving the Lord. We sure miss him though.

 
At 11:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FINALLY! YOU GOT MY LETTER!lol i am having a hard time being patient with how long it takes for just one to get therE! but i'll get used to it right?? i am proud of you aaron, and thanks for the faith notes you gave me, it helped a lot.
FEliCIa!

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Laura said...

I'm getting Aaron the jump ropes since he asked me to and I think Dad is getting him the watch.

 
At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Everyone is doing great getting Aaron the 3 things he asked for. Good! I'm so excited that you got my package and my other (1 out of a million) letters. I finally got another letter from you the other day. Patience is a virtue. It takes forever to get mail! ahh. Well, it was an awesome letter, and yet again I got to read another great spiritual e-mail. I can't wait until the day I can go to the temple. I do get to go Saturday to do some work but it will be different later in life. Its great to know you are doing so well. Time flys so don't let a moment pass you by. Just get lost in the work.
Love always,
Michelle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home