Monday, March 06, 2006

Aaron goes to the field on Tuesday!!

Hello all.
Oi! Tudo bem!? Tudo bem aqui.
Well, weeks are like days. I am going to be going to the field on Tuesday. I hope all of you haven´t sent me any mail in the past few days. If you have then it will eventually get to me. But start sending them to the mission home, NOT THE MTC (CTM). All is well here. The language is coming slowly. It will be boosted as soon as I get in the field, I know it will. I can´t wait to go. Today was my last time to go to the temple for a while. Wow. What an experience. So, I will miss going to the temple every week!

I guess I will tell more what it is like here. Somebody asked about the food. And how much I get to eat. Everymeal at the MTC (ctm) is a buffet, all you can eat. So that´s good! But most of the time it is very bland! But all is well. There are some good foods too. The fruit is 90% all good. Lots of meats and greens and fruits. We really take advantage of Wednesdays, we always go and eat out. I always get a pastel. I love them! Yum yum! THE BEST! I am going to learn how to make them.

Oh, the Package I recieved from Sister Phillips last week of 2 packs of double stuffed oreos was shared with the district. They loved them. They were gone in .2 seconds flat! I saved one package for me though. I plan on sharing them with my companion in the mission field. Earn some quick points! This week to Elders that I have grown close to left. The are going to Portalegre South mission. One guy in my district (Elder Sorenson) and I are going to room together at BYU Provo, or BYU , Hawaii. Elder Sorenson and I are like brothers! Lol The 2 Elders (Elder Adams and Elder Rivers) that left this week are planning on rooming with us also! Elder Rivers can sing so good. He is my role model. Lol.

Well I haven´t got any mail this week, not your fault though. In Brazil this is carnival week. Meaning in latin Carne- flesh and val- party. It is a crazy and abominal week. But, being in the bubble of the CTM we don´t see any of it. Which is good! Lol. But everything closes down for a week! Last Friday we went proselyting, it was very good. We switched companions this time and Elder Sorenson and I got together to go teach. He is a very outgoing missionary. We work great together. (numbers are not really what we count, but you have to measure success some how) We contacted 34 people and I think about 10 of them were good contacts. I got the oppurtunity to talk to a lady with a baby. I told her that she could be sealed to her family and be together forever! She was so happy to know that, then we told her of the message of the restoration of Christ´s true church. I had an amazing feeling sweep over me. And then I felt Joy. We also made a good contact with a girl coming from school (of about 18 years). She seemed very interested in the Book of Mormon. Part of the time we were in the Chinese district and we were speaking portuguese and nobody understood us. We thought it was our bad Portuguese till we figured out that we were in the chineese district. It was a good day. This coming weekend is mission conference . I will be singing in the choir and also in a small group of Elders for a special number. The song is going to be Lead Kindly Light, it is a beautiful arrangment.

Well Laura, I wish you were here sis. My back has like locked up twice. It was wierd and it hurt pretty bad. I didn´t know what happened. But all is well. It goes away quickly.

The responsibility of District Leader is going well. I have been able to bring the Spirit in to our meetings by sincerly asking questions. This week our meeting went well and the Spirit was great. I like involving the other Missionaries. It always brings a strong Spirit. So I will ask all of you the same question and I want you to write it down and share it with somebody. When do you feel the Saviors love the most? I would like you to add a scripture with this, one that really touches your heart about the Savior, Jesus Christ. You have to share it though.

I have been learning to play piano, or if you want to say practicing. It is coming slow, but maybe I will be able to play one hymn one day. I really love the work. I feel so much Joy and I feel the Spirit bear witness to me frequently of the importance of this work. To make these things known unto the inhabitants of the world. I am only a small part in this work. I am 1 man with an army of 55,000 missionaries. All of you future missionaries hang in there. President Hinckley said they would open 6 more missions if the just had the missionaries. The work is getting bigger. There is still alot of work to do. This week we have learned alot about faith. It seems to be the topic. I want to challenge all of you to study the Book of Mormon and find the 5 levels of faith. When you find them you will know what you need to do next. I won´t tell you what they are, but it is left to you to desire the knowledge. I wish the best for all of you! And God Bless all of you that support me! I love you all. I can´t wait to get my weekley pastel. I might get 2 this week!
Love,
Elder Tossey

4 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Blogger Laura said...

I sent a package with Aaron's jump ropes, watch, and other stuff today.

 
At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oi!!Wow!! going on to the mission field huh! that is awesome. 2 weeks ago i actually learned how to say hey and bye in portuguese. I was so excited. I remember how to say hey... i kinda forgot the other... maybe i will remember it. well great to hear you are doing good.
Love always,
Michelle

 
At 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elder.... Your gonna be awesome in the field...all I can say is WATCH out Brazil! You're on fire and your testimony is strong and your gonna share that through your personality, smile and heart....the people will love you as much as you love them....and you love everyone...so we know your gonna do great! We love and pray for you and are so happy for you to be serving the Lord! :) Love you bunches! Gina.... mom #..... :)

 
At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaron, you have such an awesome testimony of the gospel. You have truly been a great example to me during and since EFY. I know the people of Brazil are very lucky to get such an awesome missionary! :)
Hurrah for Israel!

P.S. I would totally recommend BYU-Provo, but I might be a little biased, haha. :)

Kadi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home