Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Miracles

Hello. How is everybody? I hope good! This last week has been good. I am working hard. The language gets better and better everyweek. No worries there.

I will tell you a little bit about the area. It is very hilly. Up hill both ways. None of the pavement is smooth. Actually I rolled my weak ankle the other day so I am limping around. But it feels better today. The area has some good resturants . I particularly like this place that has what is called a x-tudo (shees tudo). It is like a hamburger with egg, salada, tomate, and like 3 different meats. Reminds me a little bit of Texas. It is very good. The people are awsome! Very nice unless you talk about the gospel. =) No normally they listen to the message.

We are working hard here and the people as a whole are coming around. The Lord blesses us no matter what happens as long as we work hard. It´s cool because Sunday we had a investigator come that we didn´t even know and she wanted to get baptised. It´s really cool because President said if you work hard, conversion just happens in weird ways. We are still teaching Luiza. She is planning on going to conference with us. We commited her to the 15th of April to be baptised. We also commited a women named Juliana for baptism. Juliana is very smart when it comes to the scriptures. At first she was very prideful, but we asked her to read and pray about the Book of Mormon and she finally did it. We had a lesson with her on Monday and she was very receptive and humble and she told us she had recieved an answer. Another miracle is that the ward members in our ward have been bringing more investigators than we have. They are really excited about missionary work. Which is wierd because this ward is not known as an outgoing ward.

President told my companion that he sent both of us here because we can work a miracle. The whole time my companion was telling me that I was thinking he doesn´t even know me. Then I thought but he is called of God and He knows me. I have been totally worn out. Tired, hungry just worn out. But today was a good preperation day I got to even take a little nap. And I bought 72 R$ worth the food which is about 35 $ american. We bought alot of food today. I am so happy!

Well my Dad went to Australia! I am very happy for him! What a good Dad! Smart as an ox and almost as smart! Mom is thinking about moving to San Diego. I think that would be Great! All is well here. I have a feeling it will only get better. The hard part came and went! Now is the harvest! I have been reading the Saviors ministry in the Bible. It is amazing the things he says when you really look at it. His teaching are amazing! Of Course they are right! Hah that´s what I thought till I started reading them! Totally amazing! I know that this is his church. Because HIS WORDS say so. HE has called a prophet in our day, Joseph Smith, who has seen Face to face as the prophets of old. WE have a prophet today who leads and guides the church of Jesus Christ, by the will of Jeus Christ. If you don´t believe me Conference is this Sunday. Go and see for yourself!

Oh also if you are going to send packages or letters here I need you to do something wierd. You have to put PRESIDENT BARTASO and the mission office address Rua DR. Batista pereira 165, 05517-080 Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil. Then put as the return adress my name, Elder Tossey and your address.
Ok any questions just ask!
Well got Work to do.
Love
Elder Tossey

2 Comments:

At 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you to be experiencing all the ups and downs of a mission. This will be the Best Two Years of your life. Nothing will take the memories away, ever. You will look back on your mission and all you learned and all your service and be so grateful you were able to go. We pray for your contacts and for you and your companions. We love you so much and know your doing an awesome job! It is so good to hear the strong testimony you have as you write. I appreciate your sister so much for sharing them with us on this site. You have one GREAT sister, as you already know. :) Keep up the good works, Elder! Love you.... Gina...mom#.... :)

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Sheri Sullivan--- Aaron told me that he got your package. Just thought I'd let ya know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home