Wednesday, April 19, 2006

A New Companion, Elder Meade

Hey all, this is Elder Tossey!

This week has been a weird one so far. I just went through my first transfer. I lost my dad of the mission, Elder Bolzan, my trainer. He is a great missionary! He went to the office to be executive secretary. He was really nervous because he will have to speak alot of English when calling Salt Lake. I miss him. I learned so much from him.

I am with Elder Meade now. He is a good missionary. He just had knee surgury and this is his first area since. I am looking forward to seeing what will happen. I am still in Chora Menino. Since I am the only one that knows where everything is and knows everyone I kind of have to take lead. That will be weird!

Our investigators are progressing. It is amazing to see people change! I am excited to see what other miracles will happen. Luiza told us yesterday that she never opens the door for anybody to come into her house, but she did that time because of the feelings she had felt. She said now her life is alot more happy. We taught a young man too. He recieved an answer about the message of the restored gospel now he is really excited to progress. I have learned so much in just one transfer. I am so thankful for these things I am learning.

I got some letters from the seminary class in Pittsburg. Thank you all for your support. Remember, knowledge is power. And knowledge of the truth is humbling! I will write you all soon, hopefully today! I got letters from Michelle and others today! Thanks for the support and love! I still haven´t recieved Kadi Bazemores package she sent. I am sure I will. Hopefully soon.

All is well here anyhow! I am doing well. Getting in the groove of all things. Portuguese is well. I can´t wait till I am fluent, but I will wait! I have studied more of the life of the Savior. It is amazing the power the Atonement has on us. Today alot of people fight over religion and alot of people only want the money. That is alot of the case here in Brazil too, but it is not about religion it is about following the Savior. If you love me keep my commandments he says. Well the fight shouldn´t be over religion but should be putting full force against Satan. Religion should not be the case but searching for the true path, the true way, the true doctrine , searching for those covenants that He will have you take. But do not mistake my words. For there is only one gospel and one way to follow. We all must find that gospel and build our rock there on the rock that does not move, but is steady and unchanging. That Rock is our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and the way is the restored and true gospel of Jesus Christ!
I love you all.
Preseverar ate o fim!
Love,
Elder Tossey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home