Thursday, April 27, 2006

A New Companion, Investigators, The Gospel

hello all!

How are things? I recieved 2 e-mails this week. wow....I guess not alot is going on! Anyhow....I do have a new companion. I have learned somethings about humility due to this. He doesn´t speak portuguese very well ao I am a little scared to let him correct me. But he has the right desires. He is just a different kind of guy. We have been working good together.

We marked 4 baptisms on Monday. The Lord put us in the paths of some really good people. And he did it very wierdly. But it is cool to see his hand. I had interviews again with the president. I am so glad to have him as a mission president. He is really smart. And he has helped me alot. He also has a way to make people feel really humble. =)

Danilo one of our investigators is progressing well. He has found a great interest in the scriptures and he is very excited. He has recieved a testimony of the divinity of The Book of Mormon. He is excited for baptism. Chora Menino...the area I am in ...is good. Hard but almost ready for harvest.

Well Mother's day is coming up! I hope everybody, moms and dads and sisters are ready for my call. Let me know what you all want to do. Call each other and chat it up! I want to be able to talk to Mom and Dad, laura and Julie, at least.

Anyhow! I don´t know what else to say. Many people are lost in the world today. I feel very sad for those people that reject the gospel. I remember how lost I once was. I was reading Alma 17 and 2 Corinthians 4. It talks about how satin blinds the wicked with a veil of darkness and/or unbelief.

There are many religions in these days. But you know that is nothing different. When Christ was here there were still other religions besides the Church of Jesus Christ. For example the pharisees who believed many things contrary to the real beliefs and who made strict laws to fight against the sinners. Who also threatened to take away agency by trying to make the people choose the right with bad consequences. Another one is the Saducess who didn´t believe in the ressurection. There may be many religions out there today. But Like I said before. There is only one gospel that can help you return to live in the presence of God! Christ is the mediator , he made the sacrifice for all those who will have faith, repent, enter the waters of baptism , recieve the gift of the Holy Ghost and endure to the end. It is not about religion it is about the Gospel of Christ. What is the Gospel of Christ? Is there more than one? How do we follow? The gospel of Christ is about changing from our natural ways, Our "natural man" and becoming a "saint" or a "follower". There is only one way to do this. It is by the Gospel that jesus Christ has set for by Prophets and Apostles who have sacred callings and recieve revelations to guide us. People like Adam, Enoch, Abraham, Moses, and many others. The men of God talk face to face with God. They guide the Lords people with revelation. Something that is a Needed.We follow by searching out the truth. We follow through repentance. Don´t think you don´t need to repent everyday. You are a sinner. Everyman is a sinner! Enter the waters of Baptism and be named a follower, a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ. Recieve the confirmation of the Holy Ghost, that purifies you and sanctifies you. Then go to church every week and renew your baptismal convenants with the sacrement. Which every person needs, even the prophet and apostles.

I love you all. I care about you all. I know the world is difficult, If we didn´t have trials how would we prove our loyalty to the only true God and His Son, Jesus Christ? Know that God Loves you! Know that He knows you. Know that he wants you to return to him. Know that there is only one way to do this. Know that you need to search out the truth.

I bear you my witness, with the calling I have, that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is on the Earth. The same Gospel that has been preached by all the Holy Prophets since the world was created! I Bear witness that He, Jesus Christ Lives! I bear witness that he loves you! Find the way. Find the truth and preserve in the truth all the days that you have...the days that we have to prepare are short...He is coming soon.

(Please don´t change a word)I feel the Spirit working in my life, I love this work and I want all of you to know that Repentance is the way which means Change! Don´t give up, have faith and fear not.I wish you the best and I am praying for you all.

Love
Elder Tossey

"If it was easy, would it be worth it? "

3 Comments:

At 9:44 AM, Blogger rumour said...

Hey people in brazil speak portuguese yet i can read your writing so apparentily i've been speaking portuguese all this time. I hope the other americans don't realize this... last thing you need is for americans to be bi-lingual.

 
At 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just marvel at the knowlege you have. What a choice spirit of your Father in Heavens you are! I continue to be touched by each letter I read. Keep up the great works Elder! We love you in Texas! :) Love, Gina.....mom....

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Just FYI... Aaron will be calling the Leesburg Store on Mother's Day. I asked him to call after 1 pm if he has any control over that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home