Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Plans

Hey everybody!
Brazil is still here! It is amazing the weeks are just flying by! Too fast! I am so not wanting it to go by this fast. I am learning too much and I don´t want to leave here yet! We treated our selves to Brazilian BBQ today. It was very good! I am fool. I think I ate to much again. My, I am not sure if I am loosing or gaining wait here. I will tell you next week!

Yay! I get to talk to my family this Sunday. I am excited and thinking about what to say. I feel like a stranger because I am so far away. It is a weird feeling. I realized today that I miss the country. I just love the country. The lake, the creeks, the trees and the grass. I can´t tell you when the last time I saw a field of grass. I think that is as far as home sickness goes!

I am so excited to be here still. I am trying to change and grow closer to the lord. I am trying to find ways to be wiser and more diligent. The mission is like a rollercoaster. There are ups and downs just like life.

I talked with one of our investigators Yesterday named Luiza. She knows the church is true and she knows and wants to be baptised. "But honestly", she says," she is not prepared." She knows she has things she needs to put in order. I talked to her about goals and planning. As a missionary I have to try to make plans weekly and monthly. I also have yearly and even farther future plans. We all need to make plans. a plan that is successfuly executed brings happiness. I want everybody to make goals; make weekly, monthly and yearly goals. You can´t just wonder around doing everything under the sun. You have to find a straight path. Find the will of the God, the Father, and apply his will in your plan. Therefore you will surely have success so long as you pray and do acording to your faith and knowledge. You better believe when you make a plan that Satan will be there to destroy it! So what will you do?

Thought: Trials and problems are oppurtunities to excercise your faith!

Love,
Elder Tossey

4 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Sorry if this page has been acting up... had some problems with it but I think it's fixed now.

 
At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have hit the nail on the head! This has been something I have felt so strongly about reenterating in my life. And here you go, Elder Tossey, sharing such a strong testimony of planning. I know that with out a plan we are just kinda wandering around with out a focus sometimes and wondering why we are late, rushed, stressed...etc.... The Lords way is with a plan. "If we are Prepared, we shall not fear" ...well, that goes in any area of our lives. Or should I say.... that goes in All areas of our lives. You always make me think and ponder the things I need to be doing in my life. What a great example and leader you are. I feel such a strong spirit in your letters. The time does go so quickly...so use it wisely, and I can tell by this letter that you are! We love you! You inspire us all...even us OLD PEOPLE. ha! Love you bunches! Gina....Mom...

 
At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey aaron its felicia and hillary-aka miss phs!! uh oh!! wow already 4 months have passed! hope you're a good experiance in Brazil!
You're in our prayers...
love,
Felicia and HIllary!

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Laura said...

We had a good time talking to Aaron on the phone on Sunday... it was really great to hear his voice even if an hour didn't seem long enough.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home