Friday, June 02, 2006

On the move!

Hello all! All is well here in Brazil. I have been transferred. It was very hard to leave Chora Manino. There are many people there that I have grown to love! I had a few people including myself crying yesteday. Yesterday I recieved a reward of joy to my heart as I told people I was leaving. I realized how minute of a thing could change people. I noticed that the people we have taught and that I have come to love have changed.

And one of the people we have been teaching said, "What you have brought me is like a door. The more you open it the more light that comes in and gives me understanding and knowledge." I thought about that and it is a very true statement! We open the door to heaven through our prayers, studies and mainy through our repentance. As the D+c states the more purified from sin you are the more the light of our Savior can fill you.We must be clean and righteous to recieve that light. One thing I have realized here is how great instrument the Book of Mormon is. It truly brings people to believe and recieve stronger witness of our Savior Jesus Christ.

I have not yet arrived at my new house. I have had many troubles today carrying my bag of stuff! I broke the wheels on the bag they wore out after getting bent this morning. So I bought a cart and then I hit a pot hole on the way from the store and broke it and had to take it back to the guy that sold me it. All is well. My new area is Amado Bueno! It looks neat and I am happy to be here!

My new companion is cool he is a Brazilian and speaks no english. It will help me alot. He will go home next transfer. So I will have recieved 4 different companions in 4 different transfers which is not normal. I am happy and trusting as I try to leave Chora Menino (old area) and start here. I am trusting those people I love there will do well and will receive blessings and follow in faith.

I received some good letters from Felicia, Lesty and the Albrights and Devin and Darla also Michelle, I recieved a package from Sister Phillips and a package from the Sosa´s family with my favorite watermelon sour patch kids. Sister Phillips sent me alot of candy and pop tarts and fruit roll-ups. It was awsome all the Elders were saying Wow! when I opened the box. I also recieved an amazing letter from my mom! I will write back soon to those that have written. Love love love. That alone is enought to save

Love,
Elder Tossey
I love you all and hope the best!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home