Friday, June 16, 2006

The World Cup

All is well here in Brazil. The world cup started and it is a little crazy here with Brazilian pride, since they are the defenders of the cup. When I am walking the streets every now and then you hear somebody yell out "hey Aliman (german) speak english!". It is kind of funny and some times annoying.

All is well. We are teaching a great family right now. Edielson and Redina. They have 2 kids and are very excited about the gospel. I love the light that they have on their countenance as they are readily accepting the gospel. They are truly the elect we are looking for.

The past 2 weeks has been really tough between my new companion and I. We have many differences. He does not want to work diligently. He is tired and his mission is about up. I am trying to help him. It has been difficult. But we have talked and I think all will be better now. We will see. I have learned so much the past few weeks because of the situation. I have recieved many revelations about life and about the plan of Salvation. I am sure all of these things will one day help me have and guide a beautiful family! I am thankful for these trials and these oppurtunities to learn or in other words change!

I recieved a package from Kadi Bazemore. Finally. It was sent in the end of March and I got to open it finally today. Suprisingly, the cookies were still good! Thank you so much for the wonderful package. I will write soon. That goes for all those that write me.

Thought for this week. Hmmmm, I was reading in "Preach My Gospel" this week and I read a phrase that I like alot. It said that discouragement is a lack of faith. I thought about it then another quote from Elder Ballard Came to my mind( something like this) ´ The more we Know and become familiar with the Plan of Salvation that God has created for us, the easier it will be to be happy`. I thought alot about happiness then. Isn't it great when we have faith. When we are not discouraged, afraid, sad. We are happy when we have faith. My eyes have been opened alot this week to the plan of salvation and I find myself hoping for all things and happier as well. Many things that normally would bother me don´t. I would like to invite all of you to hold your head high and smile and think about the wonderful plan of ´happiness´ that the Lord has created. I hope that all of you will more fully recieve understanding of the Plan of salvation which has been give as REVELATION through the prophets of our dispensation. I love you, and more important God loves you.

I know the Gospel of Jesus Christ is here on the earth. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that the Prophet Joseph was a prophet of God. I know that Gordon B. Hinckley is the prophet of God on the earth today. I know that if you will just open your minds and ponder upon this " marvelous light" that you to can become clean through the At-one-ment of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ. He lives !
Love all,
Elder Tossey

1 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home